Steve Jobs quotes: Like Steve Jobs or not, according to many of the quotes attributed to him, he has a way of cutting right to the point. There was definitely a time in my life that I would have loved working with him.
Earlier this morning I read on Daring Fireball that when he was shown an early Apple tablet prototype, he replied something like this:
What good is it, besides surfing the web in the bathroom?
(I'm sure that sentence was cleaned up a little bit for public consumption, lol.)
I used a Fujitsu Windows-based tablet for nearly two years, and all I can do is laugh and agree. Just converting a Mac or PC into a tablet just for the sake of having a different form factor isn't a great idea. If you're looking for a Mac tablet like this, get yourself a Modbook.
Other great Steve Jobs quotes
While I'm in the Steve Jobs quotes neighborhood, here are some other quotes attributed to Steve Jobs, most a little nicer than the one shown above:
- Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
- Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
- I want to put a ding in the universe.
- Pretty much Apple and Dell are the only ones in this industry making money. They make it by being Wal-Mart. We make it by innovating.
- Apple's market share is larger than BMW or Mercedes or Porsche in the auto market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?