This web page is the resumé for Alvin Alexander, the creator of this website. Mr. Alexander occasionally provides software consulting services to select clients, including business analyst and computer programming services. He currently resides in Wasilla, Alaska (and is preparing to move to Palmer, as of August, 2010). Both cities are just north of Anchorage, Alaska.
Alvin Alexander is an experienced computer programmer, business analyst, and business owner. He founded a software development consulting business named Mission Data in 1996, and grew that firm into a multi-million dollar company, which he sold in 2006. Since that time he has been traveling the country, and working on a variety of other projects, including the development of this website.
Technical Experience (Business Analyst, Computer Programming)
Mr. Alexander's technical experience includes:
- Received a B.S. Degree in Aerospace Engineering from Texas A&M University.
- Very strong business analyst skills, having written dozens (possibly hundreds) of software requirements specifications, and worked with dozens of different clients and many types of businesses.
- Taught Java and Object Oriented Programming (OOP) to more than 100 students.
- Led multi-million dollar software projects.
- Very familiar with UML, Design Patterns, Scrum, and eXtreme Programming.
- Has written hundreds of thousands of lines of software code in many different computer programming languages, including Java, Ruby, PHP, C, Perl, and other programming languages.
- Created this website (devdaily.com), which contains over 2,000 technical articles, and receives millions of page views every year.
- Created the One Man's Alaska website, a blog about living in Alaska.
- Has managed MySQL and Postgresql databases, and has worked with Microsoft SQL Server and other relational databases.
- Familiar with Unix and Linux system administration.
- Very familiar with the Drupal CMS.
- Basic experience with iPhone and Android software development.
Mr. Alexander's business experience includes:
- Grew Mission Data from a one-person business in his basement into a multi-million dollar consulting firm.
- Hired and managed many software developers, web designers, and other employees.
- Very familiar with business finances, marketing, and sales.
- Has given sales and technical presentations before hundreds of people.
Current Software Development Projects
I'm not accepting new projects at the moment, but if you'll use the contact form on this website, I'll be glad to talk to you about future projects. Hopefully I'll have a little more free time in the near future.