One item I forgot to include on any of my "geek gift ideas" holiday shopping lists are the Bose Around-Ear headphones. I spent almost $300 on different headphones and earbuds last year, until I finally bought a set of these headphones earlier in 2009.
Here's what I like about the Bose Around-Ear headphones:
- They are super-light
- The sound quality is terrific
- The ultra-soft earcups sit softly and comfortably against your head, and help to reduce external ambient noise
- They have a nice long, thin cord that gives me plenty of room for moving away from my iPhone, iMac (or other desktop), or MacBook Pro (or other laptop) when I'm listening to music or podcasts.
Here's an image of the Bose headphones, courtesy of Amazon.com:
I'm pretty sure I paid $149 when I bought mine, but if you think that price is too high, here's my thing:
- I wear them almost every day.
- I love them.
- I spent a bunch of money on other crappy products I no longer use.
- If you're getting them as a geek gift, no decent geek will be angry with you for buying them Bose.
Even better news: The Bose Around-Ear Headphones are currently about $125 at Amazon.com. Here's a link to Bose headphones at the Amazon.com website:
Click here for more information about the Bose® around-ear headphones
HELP! if this article was helpful, please share it. (i can use all the links i can get. thanks, alvin)