This use case describes the process of adding a new group to the ACME system.
- All functional areas for a group must exist, and must have an associated access control level
- Only the Administrator can CRUD group information
- The Administrator is logged into the system.
- The Admin selects an option to add a new Group to the system
- The System prompts the Admin for:
- The group name
- Access levels for all functional areas
- These access levels default to an initial access level of "read-only"
- The Admin enters the group name, and sets the desired access level for each functional area
- The Admin saves this information
- If the group name is invalid
- The system tells the Admin that the name is invalid, and they are given proper naming convention information
- If the group name is already in use
- The system tells the Admin that the name is already in use
- The system saves the new Group name, functional areas and access levels
- A new Group is created on the system
- The Group has a complete list of functional areas and their associated access levels
- No users are assigned to the new group at this time
The new group will show up in the "List Groups" use case
- List Groups