Editor's note: The following use case was written after a long day writing other use cases.
Use Case: User Attempts Self-Renewal
- The user approaches the human storage system (HSS) in a rapid
transportation system (RTS). (As defined elsewhere, the RTS is intended to
propel one or more users
at speeds theoretically limited by local bureaucracies, while consuming a
minimal amount of fossil fuel, and also shielding the users from the hazards
of high-speed travel.)
- The user stops the RTS on a landing pad near the HSS. The pad is
designed to support the weight of the RTS, while requiring a minimal amount
of maintenance, and to also be visually appealing.
- The user exits the RTS and approaches the HSS over a hardened device
that provides the user a simple, directed path between the two
systems, while remaining useful over a variety of weather patterns, and
providing an optional scenic view.
- The HSS provides a facility to elevate the user from the hardened path
to a waiting area near the secured entrance to the HSS.
- The user invokes the elevation system, and optionally cleans the devices
protecting their feet by using a foot-cleansing utility of the HSS.
- The user provides proper credentials and enters the HSS through the
secured entrance, optionally restoring the security of the entrance after
entering the HSS.
- Once inside the HSS the user is given optional paths to enter system
zones intended for comfortable living and recreation, food preparation, food
consumption, or elevation to areas intended for sleep and optional
- The user enters the food preparation area, locates and opens a large
refrigerating device, and extracts a liquid beverage enclosed in a
- The user opens the liquid beverage container, optionally disposes of the
enclosing device, and begins consuming the beverage through their liquid
- The user navigates to the area intended for comfort and recreation,
locates a soft device long enough to lay horizontally upon, tall enough to
sit upon while their feet touch the floor, with a structure designed for
back support, and lays horizontally upon said device.
- After a brief period of inactivity, the user initiates an inconscious
process of self-renewal and revitalization.
- Replacing steps 1 and 2, the user may be ejected from an RTS directed by
- In Step 6, the user may not have the proper security credentials. In
this case the user can:
- Use a long-range communication device to attempt to locate alternate
- Locate security credentials that may be stored in a nearby, hidden
- Circumvent the security system.
- In Step 7 the optional paths have not been explored at this time (TBD).
- In Step 8, a liquid beverage may be unavailable. User behavior in this
condition is TBD.
- In Step 11 the process of self-renewal and revitalization may not begin
automatically. Alternate steps in this condition are TBD.
- Throughout any of these steps the intent of the user may be interrupted
by an alarm from one or more long-range communication devices.