Perl hash tutorials FAQ: Can you share some Perl hash tutorials, or Perl hash examples?
I've recently written a number of articles about the Perl hash construct (or "Perl array hash"). In an effort to try to organize the Perl hash tutorials I've written, I've created this article to help link them all together.
The hash in Perl - introductory tutorials
Here are the Perl hash introductory tutorials I've written:
- Perl hash introduction/tutorial
- Perl foreach and while: how to loop over the elements in a Perl hash
- Perl hash add - How to add an element to a Perl hash
- How to print each element in a Perl hash
Perl hash - advanced tutorials
Next, here are a few slightly more advanced Perl hash tutorials. (It's not so much that they are advanced, but more that you won't need these as much as the others.)
The hash in Perl - hash sorting tutorials
And finally, here are links to several "Perl hash sorting" tutorials:
- Perl hash sorting - Sort a Perl hash by the hash key
- Perl hash sorting - Sort a Perl hash by the hash value
Perl hash tutorials - summary
I hope this collection of Perl hash tutorials is helpful. The Perl hash/array is a really powerful construct when used properly, so I wanted to make sure I covered it thoroughly.