Cliffnotes of this “Minding Your Mitochondria” TEDx talk:
- A doctor had a very active lifestyle
- She found out she had MS
- She quickly got worse and had to be in a wheelchair
- Things got worse, and she had to be in a zero-gravity chair
- The best modern medicines weren’t helping
- She started researching how to “care for her mitochondria”
- She started eating foods to support her mitochondria
- Three months later she was walking
- Two months after that she was riding a bike, horse-riding, etc.
- Five years later and she’s still walking
Morals: The food you eat has a dramatic effect on your health, and eating well can often be more important than medicine.