1. Before configuring the local workstation, the remote workstation should be configured as a TCP/IP Print Server.
2. Log in as root.
3. Enter the following command
scoadmin printer manager
This takes you directly into the SCOadmin Printer Manager screen.
4. From the pull-down menus, select Printer | Add Remote -> | UNIX ..
5. Select OK when prompted to "configure remote printing."
6. At the "Add Remote UNIX Printer" menu, complete the prompts to define the remote printer. The prompts and sample data might look like this:
Host: remote_server Printer: remote_printer
7. Check the box labeled "Use extended remote printing protocol" if the remote server you're printing to is an OpenServer 5 host.
8. If successful, a message will come up indicating any further configuration steps that need to be taken. This includes configuring the hosts.lpd or hosts.equiv file on the remote host, and making sure that remote printing services are configured on both hosts.