Twitter iPhone App 'trending' FAQ: Help, how do I stop that insanely annoying trending bar in the latest Twitter iPhone app?
If you use the Twitter iPhone app, and find the new "Trending" bar to be insanely annoying, you can't seem to get rid of it, but you can at least slow it down a little bit.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter iPhone app.
- Tap the "..." icon.
- Tap Accounts and Settings.
- Don't tap your username, but do tap the "Settings" button in the lower-left corner of this window.
- Tap Advanced on the next window.
- On the next window, tap Auto Rotate, and set it to Never.
While you're in that Advanced window you may want to change some other settings, but this Auto Rotate setting is the one that gets the Twitter Trending bar to slow down.
Once you've made that Twitter settings change, back your way out of their settings windows, like this:
- Tap the button in the upper-left to go back to Settings.
- Tap Done on the next window.
- Tap your user account name in the next window.
Oddly, the Twitter iPhone app Trending bar still displays one trend, but the trending bar moves to the top of the display, and only displays one trend. For the most part it's now out of your way.
The Twitter Echofon iPhone app
Another option here is to use the free Echofon iPhone app for Twitter. It doesn't have this extremely annoying trending bar, but it is supported by ads in the same area, so in a way that's a problem as well. I'm currently alternating between the two Twitter iPhone apps to see which one I like least.
Twitter iPhone app very lowly rated
In case you're thinking you're the only one who doesn't like the Twitter iPhone app, fear not, it's rated only 2.5 stars in the Apple App Store. Between this Twitter iPhone app and the Twitter website design, I have to wonder if poor design will be Twitter's downfall.