Dateline May 15, 2017: Version 0.1.1 of my new book, Learning Functional Programming in Scala, is now available. Please read below for more details.Back to top
I include a Changelog chapter in the book, but in short:
- The book contains 400 pages of new content (619 pages in total)
- The book formatting has been improved
While I’m a little behind schedule, the overall plan continues:
- I don’t “love” the book yet, but I think it’s in good enough shape that it can help simplify the process of learning functional programming for many people.
- I hope to have a complete “alpha” release available as a PDF by the end of June, 2017. I’ll probably charge $10-15 for this PDF.
- I’ll provide free updates to the alpha release PDF.
- At some point in time I hope to “love” the alpha release, at which time I’ll make it a final release. Anyone who buys the initial alpha release PDF will get all of the changes to the final PDF for free.
- When I get to that point, I’ll release MOBI and hardcopy versions of the book (and they will probably be significantly more expensive than the PDF).
I still expect the book to have about 100 lessons, and maybe an additional 10-20 appendices.Back to top
Version 0.1.1 of the book is now available at this link:Back to top
If you’re interested in updates about the book, I’ll make announcements on this web page, and on Twitter.
All the best,
There’s just one person behind this website; if this article was helpful (or interesting), I’d appreciate it if you’d share it. Thanks, Al.