My new book, Learning Functional Programming in Scala, is currently available as a PDF you can purchase for just $10 US. Details are listed below.Back to top
What’s new (June 25, 2017)
If you’ve been following along with me recently, the latest changes are:
- The book is 807 pages long.
- That includes 88 short chapters, and over 180 new pages since the last free release in May.
- The new chapters cover
forexpressions, writing your own “wrapper” classes (i.e., functors and monads), the
Statemonads, and function composition.
The June 25th release (Version 0.1.3) is a free update to everyone who purchased Version 0.1.2 of the book.Back to top
Buying the book
Until July 1st, the book is on sale for $10. Here are some important things to know before you buy it:
- While the book is in good enough shape to be helpful, I still consider this to be an “alpha” release.
- When you buy the PDF, you’ll get free updates to it as soon as they become available (at no additional cost).
And a bit of a warning:
- As time goes on the book will get better, and as that happens the price will go up. The current plan is for it to increase to at least $25 on July 1st, and it will probably go up again on August 1st. (Buy now and save.)
You can buy the book at this gumroad.com link:Back to top
One more thing
I’m glad to say this:
5% of the profits will be donated to The Scala Center.
This is a small way to “pay it forward,” and show my gratitude to the creators of the Scala language and the Scala community.Back to top
If you’d like to preview the book before buying it, you can choose from these two options:
Note that I’m putting 99% of my effort into the PDF, so the HTML version will always lag behind the PDF significantly.Back to top
Some time in the future ...
At some point I hope to have MOBI and hardcopy versions of the book available, but until I decide what I want to include in the final version, this seems like the best way to help people today.Back to top