What this is
This file is included in the DevDaily.com
"Java Source Code
Warehouse" project. The intent of this project is to help you "Learn
Java by Example" TM.
The source code
* Copyright 2001-2004 The Apache Software Foundation
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
* The CopyStreamAdapter will relay CopyStreamEvents to a list of listeners
* when either of its bytesTransferred() methods are called. Its purpose
* is to facilitate the notification of the progress of a copy operation
* performed by one of the static copyStream() methods in
* org.apache.commons.io.Util to multiple listeners. The static
* copyStream() methods invoke the
* bytesTransfered(long, int) of a CopyStreamListener for performance
* reasons and also because multiple listeners cannot be registered given
* that the methods are static.
* @see CopyStreamEvent
* @see CopyStreamListener
* @see Util
* @author Daniel F. Savarese
* @version $Id: CopyStreamAdapter.java,v 1.9 2004/02/29 10:26:55 scolebourne Exp $
public class CopyStreamAdapter implements CopyStreamListener
private ListenerList internalListeners;
* Creates a new copyStreamAdapter.
internalListeners = new ListenerList();
* This method is invoked by a CopyStreamEvent source after copying
* a block of bytes from a stream. The CopyStreamEvent will contain
* the total number of bytes transferred so far and the number of bytes
* transferred in the last write. The CopyStreamAdapater will relay
* the event to all of its registered listeners, listing itself as the
* source of the event.
* @param event The CopyStreamEvent fired by the copying of a block of
public void bytesTransferred(CopyStreamEvent event)
* This method is not part of the JavaBeans model and is used by the
* static methods in the org.apache.commons.io.Util class for efficiency.
* It is invoked after a block of bytes to inform the listener of the
* transfer. The CopyStreamAdapater will create a CopyStreamEvent
* from the arguments and relay the event to all of its registered
* listeners, listing itself as the source of the event.
* @param totalBytesTransferred The total number of bytes transferred
* so far by the copy operation.
* @param bytesTransferred The number of bytes copied by the most recent
* @param streamSize The number of bytes in the stream being copied.
* This may be equal to CopyStreamEvent.UNKNOWN_STREAM_SIZE if
* the size is unknown.
public void bytesTransferred(long totalBytesTransferred,
int bytesTransferred, long streamSize)
listeners = internalListeners.getListeners();
event = new CopyStreamEvent(this,
* Registers a CopyStreamListener to receive CopyStreamEvents.
* Although this method is not declared to be synchronized, it is
* implemented in a thread safe manner.
* @param listener The CopyStreamlistener to register.
public void addCopyStreamListener(CopyStreamListener listener)
* Unregisters a CopyStreamListener. Although this method is not
* synchronized, it is implemented in a thread safe manner.
* @param listener The CopyStreamlistener to unregister.
public void removeCopyStreamListener(CopyStreamListener listener)