As I wrote last week, I got tired of dealing with Drupal 6 (D6) security update issues — especially since D6 is no longer officially supported and the last unofficial D6 security update made my websites unusable — so I wrote a Play Framework (Scala) application to display my D6 database tables data.
It’s still a work in progress, but as you can see from this page on my One Man’s Alaska website, it’s coming along. As far as visitors of the website are concerned, mostly only thing the website needs is some CSS styling and maybe a search field. (I could also add support for comments and a contact page, but my D6 websites are old, and I don’t need/want those things. I probably also won’t put any effort into supporting 10-20 custom “category” URIs I used back in the day.)
As for the specific page I linked to on the One Man’s Alaska website, that’s a favorite memory of getting ready to winterize the car in October, 2010, when I lived in the Wasilla/Palmer area.