“Learn the rules well. Then forget them.”
My new book, Learning Functional Programming in Scala, is currently on sale as a PDF you can purchase for $30 US. Details are listed below.Back to top
What’s new (June 25, 2017)
If you’ve been following along with me recently, the latest changes are:
This section contains lessons on recursion (recursive programming) in Scala. The lessons in this section are listed below.
I just counted, and the latest version of my book on functional programming in Scala currently contains 90 short lessons and another 25 appendices. It’s going to grow a little more, but that’s where it is right now. I hope to have a first draft of it publicly available by the end of May.
From the URL:
1. Collected Maxims and Other Reflections by La Rochefoucauld
2. The 48 Laws of Power, by Robert Greene
3. Xenophon’s Cyrus the Great: The Arts of Leadership and War by Xenophon
4. Letters from a Self-Made Merchant to His Son
5. Models of my Life by Herbert Simon
6. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Probably the most important lesson I learned from aimlessly wandering around for five years is that if you treat complete strangers as brothers and sisters that you’re meeting for the first time, the world magically becomes a better place.