As I was just cleaning up around the website lately, it looks like I never linked up to some of the software cost estimating and Function Point Analysis (FPA) tutorials and slide shows I've created. So without any fruther ado, here are some links to my free FPA tutorials and presentations:
- A tutorial I created on estimating software development projects
- A Function Point Analysis tutorial, based on my presentation at the Borland Conference (BorCon) in 2004
- A Function Point Analysis (FPA) slide presentation (from the same presentation at BorCon)
- The first part of a two-part Introduction to Function Point Analysis series. (Focuses on the practice of counting.)
- The second part of a two-part Introduction to Function Point Analysis series. (Focuses on the practice of estimating.)
- Cost estimating for Agile software development projects (Created for the Louisville Agile user's group).
For more information on Function Point Analysis, I recommend looking at the International Function Point User's Group (IFPUG) web site. IFPUG is the non-profit organizational body for the FPA industry, and provide certifications, such as my former Certified Function Point Specialist (CFPS) certification. (I let that expire, as I don't have an interest in counting function points in general, just for applications that I'm involved in developing.)