- Work hard at minimizing your ego & attachment to identity
- Learn deliberately, seek out weaknesses & work hard at them
- Eliminate bad habits, replace them with good, one at a time
- Read a lot, foundational stuff, not just latest hyped thing
recent posts related to technology in general
I haven’t read it yet, but I’m told that Cats, Cubits, and Teleportation is a clear description of quantum computing.
Here are three nice diagrams drawn by Mariko Kosaka that explain HTTP and HTTP2.
While it’s old news (March, 2018), I’ve often wondered why Siri seems to be getting worse, and how/why Amazon and Google beat Apple to the market for Alexa-like assistants. MacRumors has this article where they report several of the problems related to Siri’s development. (Their article is based on an article written by The Information, which requires a subscription.)
Two days ago Google announced their “Principles/Objectives for using AI”:
1. Be socially beneficial
2. Avoid creating or reinforcing unfair bias
3. Be built and tested for safety
4. Be accountable to people
5. Incorporate privacy design principles
6. Uphold high standards of scientific excellence
7. Be made available for uses that accord with these principles
“Technology is our superpower. Inequality is our kryptonite.”
I’ll add that not caring about the planet we live on is also our kryptonite.
I was surprised to read in this TechCrunch article that Apple now has the second-most autonomous vehicles registered in California. A bigger surprise was seeing that GM has nearly double the amount that Apple has.
Bloomberg has a story titled, The Gambler Who Cracked the Horse-Racing Code.