Mac problem: Can't delete a Mac burn folder. (Problem solved.)
I just had a problem on Mac OS X where I couldn't delete a Mac burn folder. Something happened during the process of trying to burn a DVD ... frankly I can't remember what the problem was. (I had one problem with a DVD during the verification process, so that may have been it.)
Regardless of how it happened, this problem left me with a Mac burn folder on my desktop named "Untitled DVD.fpbf" that I can't delete. Every time I try to delete the burn folder by dragging it to the trash can I get this error message:
The operation cannot be completed because the item "Untitled DVD.fpbf" is locked.
Can't delete Mac burn folder - Problem solved
It took me a little while to figure out this Mac burn folder problem, but the solution is pretty simple. Just follow these steps:
- Click the Mac burn folder once on your desktop to select it.
- Press the keystroke [Apple][i] to bring up the "Get Info" dialog for the file.
- If the "General" panel isn't already open, click the flippy triangle to open it.
- On this panel there is a checkbox named "Locked", and in this case it is checked. Click it to de-select it, then close the dialog.
- Drag the Mac burn folder to the trash can and you should be able to delete it now.
Can't delete Mac burn folder - Summary
I hope this solution to the "Can't delete a Mac burn folder" problem has been helpful. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, just leave a note in the Comments section below.