In trying to understand Yahoo’s financials, I came across this good article. It includes these tidbits:
- Yahoo reported its fourth quarter and full-year fiscal 2014 results in January. The company reported revenue of $4.618 billion, or year-on-year “growth” of -1.34%.
- Yahoo’s display revenue accounts for 40% of its overall revenue.
- Yahoo’s search segment accounts for 38% of its revenue.
- Yahoo’s “Transformative Investments” grew 80% to $1.1 billion in 2014.
- Tumblr’s user base has increased 40% since Marissa Mayer took over as Yahoo CEO to 420 million monthly active users, exceeding Twitter’s 284 million users.
Those numbers don’t include Yahoo’s $40B stake in Alibaba.
That article has more details than this, including how Yahoo is actually showing quite a few more ads, but because the price of ads is dropping, their revenue is dropping.